s60htmled v0.5 - HTML Editor for S60 Smartphones
S60 HTML Editor is a simple but useful editor for HTML code on Symbian smartphones.
Write and edit your HTML pages directly on your smartphone!
The main features include:
- Easy insertion of HTML tags and entities using quick menu
- Automatic control for the close tags (for tags such as strong, em, a, etc)
- Fast moving through the text using hot keys and menus
- The editor is written in Python using appuifw2 extension module.
- The code was tested on Nokia E51 device and in S60 SDK emulator.
Requirements And Installation
- You must have Python for S60 installed on your device first.
- You must have appuifw2 extension module installed on your device as well.
- Currently, the program is deployed as a single Python script. You should download the latest release and put the file s60htmled.py to the folder !: Python on your device.
- Then start Python interpreter, press left softkey for the menu and select Run script. Select the scripts and press OK.
The editor uses Call key as a functional key. Press:
- Call + Left key to go to the beginning of line;
- Call + Right key to go to the end of line;
- Call + Up key to page up;
- Call + Down key to page down;
- Call + Select key to open the quick move menu.
To insert any HTML tag press Right softley. Select a tag from tag menu or press Custom... and type your own.
- Cut/copy/paste in the menu
- Undo works (but for cut/paste/delete selection operations)
- Select all/none in the menu
- Changes control fixed (the editor asks for save only if text has really been changed)