Repacked the latest version of N-Gage 2.0 (the real N-Gage 1.01 Build 1281) and added some details, improved the tutorial (minus two steps)!!! *July 2, 2008*
Hey guys! I think you're gonna love this! I just finished repacking the latest version of N-Gage 2.0 found on the official website (the real N-Gage 1.01 Build 1281)!!! If you downloaded the installer from the official webstie, you'll noticed, as I've said before, the file will not let you install N-Gage on your phone (if your phone is not compatible with it). It requires the real N-Gage 2.0 compatible phones. Security of the installer is pretty strong, and as I'm writing here, it took me 5 FLAT days to broke it. NOW! I found a work-around and done a repacking of it. And now it's working!!! This is great!
Here are some of observations and discoveries:
1. As I've experienced, NO MORE of the annoying "Unable to start game" error after playing a game! Yes!
2. Also experienced, on my Nokia N71, eventhough I copied the n73_20001079.txt (no landscape mode capability on the previous N-Gage 2.0), and I've NOT deleted the file "C:\Private\10202be9\persists\20001079.cre". The new version gave me the capability to rotate screens on some games! But still, it messed up the display on my screen, IMHO, N71 really doesn't support screen rotations. Even the correct version of RotateMe and Landscape PRo won't work for me. I got the latest firmware version. Too bad. T_T
3. I've found out that the latest N-Gage version (as stated on some of the threads that it already has the Symbian OS PIPS v1.2). But in-fact, the one found on the previous version is identical to the one found on the latest version. So I'm modifying my tutorial, changing the upgrade of Symbian OS PIPS to OPTIONAL. I myself did not update mine.
4. Also found out that N-Gage_Autostart.sisx is not needed for this new version. N-Gage_Autostart.sisx I think is for the previous version fixing the "Update" error then upgrading to a non-real N-Gage 1.01 Build 1281. I managed to play games without installing this. But on the real N-Gage installer, this file is embedded and will install on the phone. For me, this file is also optional.
5. On my phone, no actual change on loading time of the launcher and the games, some loads slightly faster, some loads slighlty slower. But hey, it's the latest version!
6. I've extracted lots of 20001079.txt from the package, clearly this states that it can support other phones too, I don't even know the other phones that exist. I even found out a 20001079.txt for a Nokia 3250 (176x208 screen resolution!). Sorry, couldn't find anything about the 320x240 and 352x416 screen resolutions. I've modified another version of 20001079.txt for this screens, see if it works.
Here in my NEW step-by-step tutorial, not only it will let you install N-Gage 2.0 on your phone, but install almost all UNSIGNED applications!!! That's right! you read it right, UNSIGNED APPLICATIONS!!! But you can also use my old tutorial found on the archive, that doesn't have the ability to install UNSIGNED applications.
(I've renamed some of the files or mostly of the files for it to be easily recognized, again)
HOPEFULLY, new phone firmwares having trouble installing AppTRK and Python(N93, N93i, N95-2, N95-3, etc.) are now welcome to try and install N-Gage 2.0.
-= FULL SCREEN FIX OR NOT FIX=-
as far as i can get to a conclusion on my experiments. I offer you guys my modified 20001079.txt found on the bottom of the post. Although as reported by some, System Rush Evolution and The Sims 2 Pets worked with the full screen fix.
Here are my conclusion:
1. SOME games are pre-made to a 240x320 graphics, resolution. If only somebody could hack on to the graphics engine of the games, then, MAYBE then there will be a real fix for this screen resolution issue.
2. N-Gage 2.0 is pre-made for 240x320 screens. But in my experiment on an N80, the screen is trying hard for a full screen, the options and the bars are working on full screen but not the most launcher graphics. (game images, etc.)
3. For me, A REAL FIX FOR THIS IS TO GET A 240x320 phone. If you are that rich.
For N80 phones, try using the unmodified e70_20001079.txt, I just found out that E70 has a screen resolution of 352x416. See if this works.
Tested and working on:
Nokia 5700 XpressMusic (use 6110_5700XM_6120c_20001079.txt for landscape gameplay)
Nokia 6110 Navigator
Nokia 6120 classic (use 6110_5700XM_6120c_20001079.txt for landscape gameplay)
Nokia E50 (use 6110_5700XM_6120c_20001079.txt or n82_20001079.txt for landscape gameplay)
Nokia E51 (use 6110_5700XM_6120c_20001079.txt for landscape gameplay)
Nokia E65 (use 6110_5700XM_6120c_20001079.txt for landscape gameplay)
Nokia E90 (use 352x416_n95_20001079 and delete this file: "C:\Private\10202be9\persists\20001079.cre")
Nokia N73 (use 6110_5700XM_6120c_20001079.txt for landscape gameplay)
Nokia N73 Music Edition (use 6110_5700XM_6120c_20001079.txt for landscape gameplay)
Nokia N76 (use 6110_5700XM_6120c_20001079.txt for landscape gameplay)
Nokia N80 (use 6110_5700XM_6120c_20001079.txt for landscape gameplay)
Nokia N81 (landscape view already activated)
Nokia N82 (landscape view already activated)
Nokia N95 (landscape view already activated, confirmed working on 21.0.016 firmware, try others)
Please give feedback if you followed my tutorial and worked or not worked for your phone model!!!
-= T I P S =-
1. Please update to the latest firmware version of your phone, before going onto the tutorial.
2. This tutorial works best for UNHACKED phones, I recommend doing it on a clean/unhacked phone, or from a fresh hard format. But also feel free to try it on hacked phones, just be sure that you know what you are doing.
3. It will be much better if you would do as you read the tutorial.
-= Doing a hard format =-
1. Back up all your important data (e.i. Images, Sounds, Videos, etc.) MANUALLY. Not by PC-Suite or something.
2. Format the phone and the memory card SEPARATELY.
3. Format the phone using this: (I call this, an S60v1/v2/v3 phone's Self-Healing)
*#7370# - Input on standby mode.
Turn off the phone. Then PRESS and HOLD the Green Button + Number 3 + Symbol "*" (asterisk/star) SIMULTANEOUSLY. Turn on the phone. Keep holding until the phone asked you to input which country you reside.
4. Format the Memory Card via Card Reader on the PC having the FAT disk attribute.
5. After formatting the phone, and the memory card. Put back the memory card again on the phone. Then format the Memory Card again using your phone. (Just to be safe)
6. Bring back all your files on your phone or/and memory card.
A very important information : (regardless of N-Gage 2.0)
As you have read right, I made or wanted you to format the phone and the memory card separately and back up your phone manually is because, here's the thing, IF AND ONLY IF your phone has a virus on it, making a back up via PC-Suite also backs up the virus file (I think). Saying that, when you want to return your back up from PC-Suite, it will also return the virus. AND, as I have experienced, these nasty viruses sometimes (or all the time) copies a clone of itself from the phone to the memory card. So, if you already has a virus, then format your phone, you actually don't know that the virus is also there on your memory card. After format the virus copies itself from the memory card to the phone. Making your phone format a waste. See what I mean?
Now you are worrying if the virus is in the memory card, then your PC is in danger? The answer is NO. A PC and a Mobile Phone has different Operating Systems. Saying that, a virus for the phone has no result on the PC, and vice-versa (unless someone made a single virus file for both OS. I'm not giving ideas you F***ing virus makers). The only way you could be infected is if your memory card already has a virus for the PC. Then you are DEAD (not literally). It is always and very best that you have a file explorer on your phone that can see hidden files on the phone and memory card (I use FExplorer) so that you can see if a PC-already-affected-virus copies something on your phone or memory card. This way you can always have the first move on protecting both your phone and your PC from a virus.
(All files mentioned below are already uploaded here, download it below the post. This time, no more PC applications needed.)
-= NEW Applications / Files needed on the phone =-
1. InstallServer_for_Pre-FP1.zip for phone models:
Nokia N73 / N73 Music Edition
Nokia N91 8GB
InstallServer_for_FP1.zip for phone models:
Nokia 5700 XpressMusic
Nokia 6110 Navigator
Nokia 6121 classic
Nokia 6120 classic
Nokia 6124 classic
Nokia E90 Communicator
Nokia N81 8GB
Nokia N95 8GB
Nokia N95-3 NAM
InstallServer_for_others,zip for phone models:
Nokia 3250 (firmware v4.14 and v4.60) (if this won't work, use InstallServer_for_Pre-FP1.zip)
Nokia 5500 (if this won't work, use InstallServer_for_Pre-FP1.zip)
Nokia E50 (if this won't work, use InstallServer_for_Pre-FP1.zip)
Nokia E51 (if this won't work, use InstallServer_for_FP1.zip)
Nokia E61 / E61i (if this won't work, use InstallServer_for_Pre-FP1.zip)
InstallServer is a file that helps you install almost ANY APPLICATION that you can get. A very important file for you and me. Secure the one that you need and extract it.
This is the N-Gage 2.0 Launcher released on the first quarters of 2008 that I have repacked. The official installer will install directly onto the phone and has already included the N-Gage_Autostart.sisx, but mine will ask you where to install it but unfortunately doesn't have N-Gage_Autostart.sisx. You must have atleast free 5Mb on your phone even if you install this on your memory card.
3. xx_20001079.txt -> 20001079.txt
As I've found out on my own experiments, this file can be found or cannot be found on your phone (regarding which phone model you have). This file houses every (I think) screen resolutions handling your phone has, giving you the ability to play on landscape or not. In my opinion, it is not best to overwrite this file if you already have it. Put it this way, you have your own default phone settings (your phone own resolutions) then replacing it with other phones default phone settings (could be different resolutions and settings). Not a good idea isn't it? The new version CAN give you the ability to rotate screen regardless of this file (I think).
I could say that our default (assumingly) file for this is "n73_20001079.txt", rename it to 20001079.txt. If you found your phone model on the available 20001079.txt, use it, but feel free to try and experiment on others. Full screen fix for 320x240 and 352x416 screen resolutions are not yet available. But I'm working on it.
BiNPDA patch file. This file replaces the "trial bar" to a "progress bar" on the launcher for BiNPDA ******* games. You need to install this just once.
5. Any file explorer
Any file explorer that you can get or have (FExplorer, Xplorer, etc.) It is needed to copy 20001079.txt and InstallServer.exe to your phone.
6. *NEW* Hello_Carbide_by_FCA00000.sisx
An on-phone hack made by FCA00000. This gives you the ability to disable the Platinum Security of your phone, much the same as BiNPDA's Security Manager v1.0. The difference is BiNPDA's Security Manager is acquired through MetroTRK or AppTRK, which the new firmwares are not compatible with, leaving them not able to install N-Gage 2.0. BUT, HelloCarbide is a .sisx installer that can be installed through the phone, manually, giving those who has new firmwares the power to be hacked. YES!!!
As of my experience, the only way to bring back to default is by restarting the phone. This file must not be used lightly unless you know what you are doing. Use on any other purposes besides the one being said on my tutorial AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I've renamed this file again because on the file name (and on other threads that I found) is version 2.04, but this is really not it's proper version. This file converts your N-Gage version to 1.01 Build 1281, fixing the "Update" error on start-up of the launcher. As you've noticed that already the latest version is 1.01 Build 1281, so this file is not needed. Actually, I think so too, but just to be safe and sure, install it. As I've said above, this is included on the official installer, so I think we better install it. This is the file that is included on the official installer. No change on the previous version that I've uploaded, completely identical.
*OPTIONAL* Symbian_OS_PIPS_v1.2.sis or Symbian_OS_PIPS_v1.3.sis
Actually, these are NOT the missing Symbian OS Pipes. The N-Gage 2.0 installer will notify you that is missing and with aprroving, you let N-Gage 2.0 install the one on it's embedded Symbian OS PIPS(v1.01). This upgrades your Symbian OS PIPS and Symbian OS Pipes to version 1.02 or 1.03. The one included on the main and official installer is 1.01, I myself did not update mine.
Special Tutorial for the REAL N-Gage 2.0 compatible phones
For N-Gage 2.0 compatible phones (N81, N81-8gb, N82, N95, N95-8gb) (firmware must be updated to the latest version), download the latest version on the official website for your phone, then follow these steps:
1. Install the official N-Gage 2.0 Launcher on your phone.
2. Follow all Chapter 1.
3. Follow Chapter 2 - Step 2 ONLY.
4. Follow all Chapter 3.
*CHAPTER 1* = *Preparing for instalment*
Step 1 - "Installing HelloCarbide.sis" -= N E W =-
Install HelloCarbide either on your phone or memory card. After it's done, you'll noticed that you have a new application called HelloCarbide (without an icon). Don't open yet.
Step 2 - "Applying the proper InstallServer.exe" -= N E W =-
I assume that you already have installed your file explorer, if not, install it first. Now open your file explorer (must enable "show hidden files and folders"), DO NOT EXIT but switch (press and hold the menu button) to your standby mode then open HelloCarbide. You'll notice that it has no welcome screen or what-not, just press Options -> Menu1 -> Yes. If done correctly it will close itself. Now you have all the capabilities on your phone, much as BiNPDA's Security Manager. Now switch back to your file explorer. (You must not open any other application other than your file explorer). Copy the proper InstallServer.exe on "C:/sys/bin" (if there is no "bin" folder, then make one). Exit from the file explorer. Do not do anything else, just restart your phone. Move on to installing N-Gage 2.0.
*CHAPTER 2* = *Installing the N-Gage launcher to your phone*
Step 1 - "Installing the N-Gage application"
Install N-Gage_1.01_Build_1281.sisx to your phone or memory card. As before, continue installing the application by ignoring the warning that it is not compatible to your phone and some missing OS pipes.
Step 2 - "Installing the N-Gage Patch"
Just install Nokia_N-Gage_Patch.sis.
*NOTE* SKIP THIS STEP IF YOUR PHONE MODEL IS ALREADY FOUND ON THE AVAILABLE 20001079.txt. N-GAGE INSTALLER WILL COPY THIS AUTOMATICALLY ON YOUR PHONE
Step 3 - "Copy 20001079.txt to private parts of the phone a.k.a. HACKING the phone" -= N E W =-
(As I've experienced, the latest version already give me the ability to rotate screens.)
Remember the application HelloCarbide that we installed on your phone? This is the time to use it, again, and the last time. First open your file explorer (must enable "show hidden files and folders"), DO NOT EXIT but switch (press and hold the menu button) to your standby mode then open HelloCarbide. Press Options -> Menu1 -> Yes. If done correctly it will close itself. Now switch back to your file explorer. (You must not open any other application other than your file explorer). Copy the proper 20001079.txt (our default is n73_20001079.txt remember?) to "C:/private/10202be9". DO NOT OVERWRITE IF YOU ARE ASKED TO. This is much safer because the one on your phone is already it's default settings. I think it COULD mess up your game, speed of the game, resolution if you overwrite it. Now exit files explorer. Do not do anything else, just restart your phone.
If your phone is compatible to play on landscape view (see the "Working phone" on the top, secure and use the one being stated there. Then don't forget to delete "C:\Private\10202be9\persists\20001079.cre". *Thanks to enej* I just have to add that use at your own risk.
*OPTIONAL* - "Installing the N-Gage AutoStart"
Just install N-Gage_AutoStart.sisx to your phone, ignore the "not compatible" warning. Move on to the next step.
*OPTIONAL*- "Installing the missing Symbian OS Pipes"
Noticed the missing Pipes? It's actually not missing. N-Gage 2.0 already installed it for you (version 1.1) if it gives you the warning that it's missing. Just install this if you want to upgrade the one on your phone. Completely optional.
And now you're done installing the N-Gage application. You now have your N-Gage launcher application. But what good will it do if there are no games??? Now we're going to install the games.
*CHAPTER 3* = *Installing the N-Gage 2.0 games*
(There are quite some difference from BiNPDA's necessary game instalment, to my way of BiNPDA games instalment. Either way, you could follow whichever you want. If you want to follow mine, read on.)
Step 1 - "BiNPDA games"
You should have downloaded or got the BiNPDA games by now. And you should come up with the game installer. If not, I think you should ask somebody about it from where to get it here and what to do about it.
Step 2 - "Game transfer" <- the difference
You must now got the game installers (xxxxx.exe files), and BINPDA told you to install it via MetroTRK connection. But I found a better, faster way (I guess, for me, because my computer doesn't have any USB 2.0 Port. And installing via MetroTRK took me 20mins+ just transferring the .n-gage files. Yeah, it's pretty outdated, I mean, REALLY outdated) So on to the procedure, don't connect your phone to your pc just yet. Open the game installer that you've found (make sure it's BINPDA *******). Install it just as you would have connected your phone to the pc. Click the check boxes: got n-gage application, and no need to install BiNPDA SecMan application. Now you're in the MetroTRK automatic com port detection, just click next. then it will say that MetroTRK could not connect to phone, and then you'll see that there's an option saying that you could extract the file to the pc. What the hell?! So just extract it to the pc, the file will be on the directory where you've opened the game installer. Now all you need to do is transfer the .n-gage files to your memory card in "E:/n-gage/" (if there's no "n-gage" folder, then make it). Now you got games? Yes, but not yet installed. Move on.
Step 3 - "Installing the .n-gage files" -= N E W =-
You can now install games without any hassle of activating anything. As I have told you, you can now install almost all or any UNSIGNED applications/games on your phone!! Open N-Gage launcher. It could take about 5-10secs for loading. But hey, now you've opened it, wait for the “Preparing installation” warning to finish, but you still got no games. Press right on your keypad, you should see all your "to-be playable" games but only they are a little bit blurred. No worries, just click one up and it will ask you where to install. And after it is done feel free to play on or restart your phone, either way, you can now play. And we are done!!!
-= N E W =-
IMPORTANT NOTES / FIXES TO REMEMBER:
* NOTE * First of all, congratulation! Now you have installed your N-Gage 2.0 Launcher and games. But have you noticed? You can now install almost any or all UNSIGNED applications that you can find!!! Who's your daddy huh? Hehehe.
* NOTE * Repeat chapter 3 when installing games for the N-Gage 2.0.
* NOTE * If you think you won't need HelloCarbide anymore (in my tutorial, you'll need it once in Chapter 1 and Chapter 2), feel free to uninstall.
* NOTE * You can set your N-Gage profile and update online. And play on N-Gage Arena (as I have read on some threads) But I suggest not going to, keep in-mind that every software/application that is ******* is illegal.
* FIX * I suggest that you restart your phone before (not necessarily after) playing any N-Gage games. A fresh restart means -> fresher, cleaner memory RAM of the phone -> cleaner memory RAM, means faster phone response (loading). And N-Gage 2.0 takes a lot of RAM to start. This should also fix the error "Not enough memory".
* FIX * For those who are having "System Errors". Sometimes these are due to misnamed access points. Always check for it and access points should not have " ' " (apostrophe). Just to be sure, do not place any special characters on it.
* FIXED * No more "Unable to start game" after playing!!
Before asking please include on what phone model you are trying to install it so it won't be so hard for me for the answer. Please give credit and respect as I have given all of those who made this possible (i just don't know most of them or where I got these files).
BiNPDA for the awesome hard work for *****ing games and applications
FCA00000 for the alternative hack
Enej for the rotating screen
Also to ME, giving every stolen moment that I can have to improve this tutorial for the sake of others (please give credit and respect)
and to those who are needed and respected to be mentioned (I honestly don't know you guys)
haikara20 for the access point work around
ketya4u for the info on Nokia_N-Gage_Autostart.sis